Losing weight and staying healthy will help keep your veins on the healthy side. Here’s a tasty Smoked Trout Salad recipe that incorporates fresh, seasonal ingredients to pack a flavorful punch in less time.
A salad filled with refreshing summer produce like heirloom tomatoes and corn is elevated with smoked trout, a fish high in protein, B vitamins, magnesium, and phosphorus. Fresh herbs are the perfect garnish for this crunchy-meets-juicy summer salad.
Ingredients: Olive oil mayonnaise, dill, honey, cider vinegar, buttermilk, corn kernels, cucumber, smoked trout, basil, butterhead lettuce, heirloom tomatoes
- Smoked trout is a super-flavorful source of protein, B vitamins, magnesium, and phosphorus.
- 1/2 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk (preferably whole milk)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups chopped butterhead lettuce (about 12 oz.)
- 3 medium heirloom tomatoes (about 2 lb.), cut into 1/2-in.- thick slices
- 2 cups multicolor heirloom cherry tomatoes (about 12 oz.), halved
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (from 3 large ears)
- 1 small English cucumber (about 6 oz.), cut into 1/4-in.- thick rounds (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 6 ounces smoked trout, broken into 2-in. pieces
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
Whisk together mayonnaise, dill, vinegar, buttermilk, honey, and 1/2 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper in a bowl.
Spread lettuce on a platter; arrange tomatoes on top. Toss together corn, cucumber, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Arrange corn mixture and trout over tomatoes. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with basil.